View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
tricepilot OP
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Here we go, Subscribed!!

Tricepilot, as your wing man, if any exaggeration or overstatement should occur in this RR, you can count on me to embellish it.

This is SR, veteran of the Durango - Mazatlán off-road ride, and year-round resident of Durango, but originally from Colorado.

SR grew up riding rough stuff up there, and in México only enhanced his Mad Skillz riding with the locals in some of the gnarliest terrain the mountains and valleys of the Sierra have to offer.

He has been a right-hand-man to event organizer Walter Bishop, a Mexican with an American sounding name. SR has been in on a lot of the route planning the last few years, and this year was the one go-to guy loading GPS routes the night before the send-off from the Catedral in Durango on Friday morning a week ago.

He kept his DRZ400 in the garage for me, so all I had to do was to ride my 1200GSA down from San Antonio, through Parras de la Fuente (made a stop there - more on that later) and on to the Gobernador in Durango as the ride HQ.

It was also fun to be with SR, his family, and Schizzman (who took shots of the start and of other goodies forthcoming) for SR's 40th birthday bash at a local restaurant.

Mad props to SR - without whom I would not have thought of this ride, much less attempted it, and while on it, he made sure I made it to Mazatlán.

Like I said before, this is a ride I'll be talking about 30 years from now. SR was huge in making this happen.

PS - be assured SR didn't do the Ruta on his VStrom

And that hooligan Schizzman will pop in because we did the Casa Madero Winery, Parras de la Fuente, and a huge 400 mile Durango state road ride which he was a main ingredient in

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote