View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:41 AM   #83
Nobiman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Got a KLX 250 for the wife 0n 12/01/05

Hey all, just thought I'd chime in here. We bought a KLX 250 also, for my wife to ride. I ride a KTM LC4 and she wanted to be able to go along too. I am having to set it up for her height (5' 2") by using Kouba links and running the forks up into the trees about .6" and that gets her pretty close. Today I will be pulling the cover off of the seat in order to remove about an inch from the foam before re-applying the cover, which should be the final step in the quest for proper seat height for her. We only have about 200 miles on it so far, but it seems perfect for her power wise. I personally dont see how anyone with any experience on a motorcycle could be satisfied with the power output of this bike, its pretty anemic. But I'm not riding it, and she loves it so I guess thats definately what matters the most. We'll be glad when FMF builds a pipe for it so we can uncork this terribly restricted little bike. I think it has alot of potential for increased power gains. Until then, we will just ride the heck out of it.

Randy.
Attached Images

Nobiman screwed with this post 01-03-2006 at 06:47 AM
Nobiman is offline   Reply With Quote