View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #30
Jan OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelver View Post
Reviving an old thread...

I've been fiddling around with various maps on a few different GPS devices, a GPSMap76CSx, a StreetPilot 2820, a Montana (all Garmin) and various Android apps like Google Maps, OsmAnd, Oruxmaps and Mapswithme.

For maps I've been using roadguide.ph (both the downloadable demo map and PC-only full version for non-contributors which is Garmin / Basecamp compatible) , Google maps and now the various OSM (Open Street Maps) maps. All of these are basically free.

I've been using all of them as none of them are totally accurate or complete.

I did attempt to become a contributor to roadguide.ph, but the submissions I made seemed to be ignored and then disappeared. However the full version of this this map seems to have the most information.

I'm still playing with OSM. Oruxmaps gives access to various OSM maps (I really like the cycling map as it combines road and topo data), but map management seems way behind OsmAnd.

Google is quite good in the city but a lot of inaccuracies out in the provinces, and caching or downloading of the entire Philippines isn't on the cards, unlike OsmAnd and Roadguide.ph.

Sent from my A898 Duo using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Send me a pm at RoadGuide. Same username there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk