I am 4 weeks out from the right humerus (compound, high side), but no hardware, just letting it heal. I was perplexed that they didn't plate it, but you made me feel better about it. It feels pretty solid now, but I'll probably wait another couple weeks before the bicycle? Totally agree about JL, I couldn't imagine doing it!?
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg
What I feared for Lorenzo was this:
1. I fractured left humerus in high-speed tankslapper get-off a few years ago
2. Had it plated & screwed by orthopods
3. Started riding a pushbike after about 3 weeks
4. Two screws ripped out: NON-UNION!
5. Had to repeat step 2...this time I stayed in bed for a year (well...)
To do what Jorge did that soon was---to me---absolutely petrifying!!
But I guess he's OK.