View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
Vitalidle
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by histguy View Post
Thanks LittleMac. We have heard alot about the Adams Trail Rd between Munising and Grand Marais. We may have to make it fit the schedule. We had found out about the KK Road, 33 Rd and National Forest Road 13 through the Hiawatha National Forest so we were planning to take the southern route so we could hit them.

Tom- perhaps we should hit Adams Trail instead? Or after the Sault on the way home?

We appreciate all the suggestions guys!
Hello histguy. Im from Munising. Just a heads up if you decide to detour to Grand Marais Michigan dont take the adams trail its all gravel. You will want to turn right on hwy 77 at blaney park off of US 2 until you hit hwy 28, then take a right on hwy 28 you will be in Seney MI. for a quarter mile take left to get back on hwy 77 take it all the way to Grand Marais. The road you are looking for is hwy 58 or hurrican hwy it has 198 curves in a roughly 30 mile stretch alot of it on the lake shore. I think the Park Service put all the curves in the road to slow traffic, but it turned it into a bikers dream road. To get on hwy 58 from Grand Marais take a left as you roll into town at the Dunes Saloon and follow the signs. I highly recommend the detour from your orginal plans I dont think you will be disappointed
Vitalidle is offline   Reply With Quote