View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #4163
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,517
i consider the SE just about a collectors item (foolishly maybe) now. its hands down the best bike i've ridden to date; not that i have a lot of time on a lot of bikes but for me it's just about the perfect bike. just need to belly up for a bigger gas tank - otherwise it's go just about anywhere do almost anything motorcycle (not necessarily with me piloting will it get everywhere but i'm learning).

i've been saying i wanted a second one to mothball for a while now - and the time was right to do it. i'm not looking forward to the expense of setting it up properly - but i also don't need to be in a hurry. my first one is running like a scalded cat.

and this one is shorter than SE #1. there's a chance the girl could fit on it. i'm not sure i'm totally convinced its a good idea but daaaamn that'd be awesome to see her up on an SE. speaking of the girl, i also may have unleashed a monster - she's going on a dual sport in hawaii friday - riding a kdx 200-something. she just might come back and demand a proper dirt bike.

i have't ruled out an 1190R (if they bring it to the US) - it would be the perfect wpbarlow "mixed surface ride" motorcycle as well as some of the more "sedate" trips i take. plenty capable when the asphalt turns gnarly or downright disappears but still an outstanding long distance traveler.

so i just might reach that "two 950s and one 1190" milestone yet. can one have too many motorcycles? if so, i haven't learned that lesson yet (if there's a lesson to learn).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPower View Post
Congrats Loph917
Good Luck with it! & THANKS!
Now I won't look soo crazy when I buy a second Hyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearedUp View Post
No, excessive is owning 2 950's and a 990.

loph917 screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 07:34 PM
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote