Originally Posted by Thanantos
Google maps and Google navigation are just awesome, but there is no easy way (that I know of) to import or use a custom route even though the desktop browser version of Google maps is one of the most awesome tools for creating custom routes. I hope like hell that Google soon adds that feature, and Garmin hopes like hell they don't.
It's already possible. You can create GPX files from Google Maps very easily: http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/
1) Create your Google Maps, car or walking work fine.
2) Add the GMapToGPX to your favorites icon bar, http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/
3) Click the GMapToGPX favorite and select FULL, copy all the text output and save in a file as YourFile.GPX
4) Go to www.GPSies.com
, Track Creator, import a file and load YourFile.GPX
5) Once loaded click the Refresh Elevation button
6) Now export it as a GPX Route
7) Viola, you now have a route that you created in Google Maps as a full fledged GPX file with elevation. You can import it into the GPS App/Device of your choice.