View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #54
Jan from Finland
Registered

Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
So what's the recommended android app?

I am looking for offline Navigation, and have been demoing through some of them. Here's what I've been through so far:
  1. MayDroyd and other OSM variants: Lousy map data, great price (free).
  2. Sygic: Great POI/map data, lousy interface
  3. CoPilot: Much better interface, hit or miss with POIs.
I don't mind shelling out $50 or so for the best app, but I'd rather not demo through all of them, and there are a lot to choose from. So, what is the FF recommendation for a good GPS app on android?
I went for Sygic for the simple reason that it was the only one available with world wide map swhich you can install to memory card instead of phone's internal memory. It tried also Route66 and Navigon. Sygic interface is a bit different but you get used to it. It actually has lot of good functions.

About the original poll. I prefer delicated GPS (Montana) for riding. For driving and other uses I have waterproof Android (Sony) and non waterproof Windows (Nokia). I have ditched my old Symbian (Nokia Navigator) and Magellan.
- Pro Travel Tip by Overland Journal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan from Finland is offline   Reply With Quote