View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Vintage Rider
JerryH's Avatar
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 4,629
Nice, but it's not going to happen. You can buy it, and even bring it here, but you cannot register or insure it here. It does not meet DOT and EPA standards. I tried every way I could think of to buy a brand new air cooled VW bug when they were still building them in Mexico. I had an easy way to get it here, all I had to do was to have a Mexican citizen drive it across the border. But it would have been a huge paperweight. People have transferred the VIN plate from a U.S. bug to one of those, but if you get caught, you are looking at a few years in the federal pokey.
2002 Vulcan 750 (now being slowly reassembled) 2013 Royal Enfield B5
2001 XT225, 2009 Genuine Stella
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote