View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #7444
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky, Earth, Road View Post
As an adult with kids college and high school, I took up street riding for the first time less than a year ago (although I've been riding dirt for about five years with my teenage son). It was a lifelong ambition, and finally the time in my life was right to take the plunge.

Being a beginner I went mild/entry-level, buying a new 2012 Honda CBR250RA in August of 2012. In June 2013 I took my first road trip with a group of guys I work with, 1500 miles through the US southern Appalachian mountains in Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. Here's a picture of me on my bike, taken by a roadside photographer along Deal's Gap.

I felt very confident running along the Tail of the Dragon and had a lot of fun leaning over while keeping the revs on my 250cc thumper between 7,000 & 10,000 rpm going in and coming out of the hairpins.

Congratulations on the new bike and entry to street riding. Certainly looks like you made a great choice in bike and gear! Here's to many happy miles and smiles!

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote