Sky, Earth, Road
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post
SWEEET..............Welcome and keep riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinNC View Post
Congratulations on the new bike and entry to street riding. Certainly looks like you made a great choice in bike and gear! Here's to many happy miles and smiles!
I appreciate the warm welcome, thank you! So far, the bike has been flawless and the gear seems to be working! It was kind of hilarious riding a CBR250R single in a group that included a GS1150, an R1200RT, an R1200C, a Harley Police Special, and an ST1100! I was probably less comfortable (but not uncomfortable) on the highways but once we hit the hairpins I was in high cotton! It was also kind of cool that during rest breaks, people - usually BMW guys - would come over to chat and check out the little sportbike. I think most people were kind of surprised that a quarter liter could keep up with the liter+ bikes while hauling around a 200-pound rider plus two saddlebags and a couple of DrySpec tailpacks. I guess it's all about a different approach to riding: conserve momentum; work the six-speed aggressively to keep the rpm in the powerband; don't hesitate to use a lot of throttle, anticipate any "need for speed" and build it up a little earlier than the rest of the crew. Even running the pants off the motor though, I was getting between 69-80 mpg, yielding a range of 200+ miles on the 3.4 gallon tank.
Sky, Earth, Road is offline   Reply With Quote