View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
cberry OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Today's Ride; 7/4/13

Trips across the flatlands are never very interesting in and of themselves, but todayís departure from Florida was made somewhat more so thanks to the dayís weather. A sub-tropical Low has been developing in the Gulf which has pumped huge amounts of moisture across the Pan Handle and further north into Georgia. Leaving home this morning I watched the rain build on the radar as the day progressed. I had already changed the route to maximize distance covered in hopes of getting through the rain before serious thunderstorms and possible tornadoes developed as had been forecast. The radar returns were mixed yellow and red over a wide area through which I had to travel so I decided to stop before the rain and call it a day. When I can figure out how to post pictures from my new MAC Iíll show the radar image.

This is what I was going to have to ride through:

Another image I want to post is one taken from the ICW overpass from the barrier island to the mainland. It was taken around sunrise and is my opening shot on this ride.

The weather caused me to cancel my planned photos of lighthouses along the Pan Handle which I was going to add to the BMW MOA forum 2013 Florida lighthouse picture contest, but they will have to await another day.

Not riding this afternoon, I was able to get the Spotwalla link activated so all who care to can follow along. Sorry, but there is not much thatís photographic along Interstate 10, but that will change after I leave the San Antonio area. The dayís ride came in at about 300 miles at 40 mpg, and included a major brain fart when I got on I 10 headed the wrong way! That cost me 30 miles and 30 minutes. There were about 10 FHPs doing speed enforcement along I 75 this morning coming up from Orlando to I 10. I was lucky.
MOA 94523
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
'06/'07....What a year it was! 49 States, 5 Provinces, AND New Zealand, North and South Island

cberry screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 03:09 PM
cberry is offline   Reply With Quote