View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #39
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Well, not today, but this past Sunday. This is just the first time I've had to sit down and type it out.

Rode down to Riders Hill in Dahlonega, GA, about 150 miles each way to say hello to an old friend I hadn't seen in a while and to check the place out. I must say I was impressed. They are a Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and MV Augusta dealership. I enjoyed checking out their inventory, which I'm pretty sure is the largest gathering of those brands you'll ever see except maybe at a Guzzi rally!

I'm not a fan of cruisers overall, but I have had an itch for a Triumph Rocket for a while. That itch has been replaced now that I have seen the Moto Guzzi California Custom, and the itch is burning.

Heading home from Riders Hill I stopped to see the progress at Two Wheels of Suches. They're coming along quite nicely. The new bath house is going to be pretty impressive, and they've done a great job getting the property ready for even more campers.

They have a Facebook presence for those of you with a WasteSpaceŽ account but if you want to call them and reserve a room or a campsite, their number is 706-973-1671.

I know there have been a lot of changes to the place, and some people see that as good and some see that as bad. They do have new adirondack chairs on the porch and they have that same increased gravity field that the old chairs had. Once I sat down on the porch I couldn't build up the energy to leave! I could have happily sat there for a few more hours!