View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #4001
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 3,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
Well since we are renting, we are returning them te following day, so Alice's will be our breakfast place. but as for the other pine, mines and calaveras are on the schedule but I will look at the others! Thanks for the help!
You're route is actually pretty good, IMHO. I would probably skip the mt. diablo if it's just for the ride, but if you want to go up there for the view, that's cool. Your map shows restricted roads because you'll have to pay to go up mt. diablo. Morgan territory is free.

An alternate route would be to take morgan territory, then continue on marsh creek road and ygnacio valley through walnut creek and concord, get on bear valley road, then wildcat up to grizzly peak, take that south until you get to pinehurst, ride pinehurst to redwood, then redwood south to castro valley, then palomares road back to calaveras, where you start your east bay ride. That's a loop I often do.

I would personally avoid the peninsula like the plague on a summer saturday, and if the weather forecast is pretty hot, I'd also avoid this east bay loop. I'd wind my way up the north bay secondary roads and do something involving meyers grade and kings ridge, and probably including fairfax bolinas road and coleman valley. This would require doing small sections of hwy 1, which would be crowded, but it's worth it to me to take it reaaaaaal easy for a few sections of hwy 1, and then have a lot of fun on nice roads with minimal traffic.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote