Old 07-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #1809
BearGrylls
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Jala-Abad to Kazarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
June 4. Osh to near Kazarman 307 km.
I was on the same road the I had already ridden twice befor until Jala-Abad. When I got close to Jala-Abad, for about 5 km there were trucks parked on the side of the road. I had heard rumors about protests blocking the road between Osh and Bishkek. I was hoping I would be able to avoid the protest but before I knew it, I was there. And there was no way around. So I went through like I owned the place. I rode past all the trucks, cars and people. I wend around the trucks blocking the road. I rode right through the group of people in a large circle listening to someone talking on stage. On the other side I stopped and snapped a few quick pics. A few people started asking if I was going to Bishkek but I said I was going into the mountains to Kazarman. They were skeptical but didn't cause me any trouble. I told them to fight the power and the shook my hand and I went on. Soon I was on some nice ADV roads again climbing through mud and rocks. Snow on the side of the roads. In the evening my bike started to chug and miss. A now familiar symptom. I was looking for a place to camp and the bike died. I guess thats where I camp. This is my 3rd time replacing the low voltage connection to the coil. I cook some noodles and go to bed. It rains some in the night.
Ahh yes the road from Jala-Abad to Kazarma, it's bringing back good memories

I were there in 2009 on my way to Ulaanbaatar during the Mongol Rally.... I really loved the scenery and the road. I passed by in the middel of july and there were still some snow.

I had 4 wheels but we were also 2 people I'm on the roof and my mate is driving the car from the window.

By the way, loving the report. Keep on going and be safe.

Rasmus
BearGrylls is offline   Reply With Quote