View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #18833
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I'm not saying it would make good TV. Or that there is a huge audience for the challenge coverage.

But count me in as someone who has an interest. I would like to know a bit about the human drama of it all. Especially since I hear there are several participants who chose the Tenere as their weapon of choice. That's gotta make some of us perk up our ears?

I'm no Iron Butt wannabe. But I get a particular satisfaction, in my old age, every time I overcome a long-day challenge. Sometimes that's 700 miles of "gotta be their TODAY". Sometimes it's simply my destination is 1500 miles away and I pick 2 wheels over 4.

Is it true Eric is running this year? Regardless of the banter he gets into around here, I would be a fan of his. Kinda cool to know somebody that's pushing the limits of what we crazy humans can accomplish.
What would make it almost bearable is how large groups get together and do it stateside. I'd hate doing it with only one or two riders. Fighting all of the discomfort along with trying to shake off bouts of drowsiness is kinda daunting when you're by yourself and the few others are spread out. Also, I value my naps at this age. ;)

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2