1190 Adventure R differences
1. Wheelsize: The Adventure R has a 21" front wheel and 18" rear wheel as opposed to the 19/17 on the Adventure. The exact dimensions are 2.50 x 21" / 4.50 x 18". Both versions feature KTM's new spoked wheels with tubeless rims.
2. Suspension: Both bikes feature WP fully-adjustable suspension front and rear however the R version's travel is increased at the front and rear from 190mm to 220mm. Due to the taller suspension, the ground clearance is also increased on the 1190 Adventure R. It sits at 250mm, compared to 220mm on the 1190 Adventure. Most of the 1190 Adventures coming into the UK will feature EDS.
3. Screen: The screen on the Adventure R is shorter but it's still height adjustable.
4. Handlebars: The bars on the Adventure R are wider to allow greater leverage The steering head angle remains the same 64-degrees on both bikes.
5. Crash Bars: The Adventure R feature's KTM's crash bars as standard, for greater protection. These can be fitted to the standard Adventure.
6. Seat: The 1190 Adventure R features a one-piece seat as opposed to the Ergo seat on the 1190 Adventure. Due to the longer-travel suspension, the seat height on the Adventure R is fixed at 890mm whereas the seat height on the 1190 Adventure is 860mm at its lowest but adjustable up to 875mm.
7. Weight: The Adveture R weighs 5kg more than the Adventure. The larger rims and crash bars mean the 1190 Adventure R tips the scales at 217kg wet but without fuel.
8. Wheelbase & Trail: Although the steering head angle remains the same for both bikes, the taller suspension and larger wheels on the R contribute towards altering the trail and the wheelbase. The front wheel spindle is set directly in-line with the fork on the Adventure but slightly further forward on the Adventure R. The trail on the Adventure is 120mm and the wheelbase is 1560mm but on the Adventure R the trail is 108mm and the wheelbase is 1580mm.
9. Graphics: You'd be forgiven for thinking the front bodywork on the Adventure R is slimmer than the Adventure but the Adventure R's the light-coloured tank and graphics finish alters the bike's look. The bodywork is the same but the one-piece seat and two-tone paint makes the R look slimmer.
10. Price: The 1190 Adventure has a recommended retail price of £12,595 but with the 'Electronics Package' it'll cost £13,095. The 1190 Adventure R is priced at £13,195.