View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 AM   #3088
nathanthepostman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Hey Klous,

Yeah it was a dodgy rebuild alright. I tightened it all down then realised I'd not lubed the barrel and didn't want to cheat by squirting some up the spark plug end so had to dismantle again. But all good practice.

For clarity, I'm now back in England. The trip to Alaska was just a short lived one to complete the journey across America which I started last year. Initial plan was to drop south from there, maybe to Argentina, but a job came up here in England on one of the bike magazines and to be honest I'm that broke I didn't have much choice. And I kinda wanted to wait until I'm really psyched about doing another trip, rather than doing it for the sake of doing it.

Dot by the way is on a boat somewhere around Panama. She should be here end of July hopefully. Over the winter I'll rebuild the bottom end and make some new panniers for her, get her ready should the time come to get riding again.

Working on the second book about the America leg. Also got a chap making a documentary about the first trip, which should be interesting. It's just going to be free online and hopefully ready end of August.

So yeah, all good really.

Where are you in England anyway, I'm in Leamington Spa, in the midlands.

nathanthepostman is offline   Reply With Quote