View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #1185
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 729
Rain? It's free cool water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin'Nut View Post
Nah, I think I everyone is kind of shell shocked from all the rain. Unless work calls at the last minute, I will be up for lunch on Sat.
I'm still riding 300 to 500 miles per week, most all of it on the weekdays. It is hot as hell in the Aero and the rain is a welcome sight most of the time. Spent a couple of hours Wednesday chasing showers around Beaufort, Jasper, and the nearby counties. The rain has filled the swamps and a lot of the roads through the forests are breached with small streams but very passable. A great time for seeing the swamp wildlife moving around, enjoying the unique lighting of the sun in the cypress trees and the beauty that surrounds us here in the Low Country. A quick run through the rain on the way home and most of the dirt gets removed. Every now and then I will pass another rider on Hwy 278 or 321 but 95% of the time I am on the more remote county roads that are not going anywhere in the major directions. Menu item: BP gas station in Estill,SC has lunch buffet for about $6 including drink and the peach cobbler is a keeper.
Happy trails.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote