View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
norcalstew OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Going to Downieville, Need some advice.

We are heading to Dville from home next week and I'm trying to find some info on the trail system there. I have heard that many of the trails are multi-use and am just looking around to find out witch ones are worth hitting and open to dirt bikes. I ordered a map, should be here soon. I'm sure that will answer some questions. My damn Google Earth wont open.

The route will take us from home up and over into Indian Valley, over Mt. Huff to Grizzly ridge and down to 70 at Sloat. From Sloat I've marked some main FS roads that get us near Jamison creek. That's where a trail takes us down to the West side of Gold Lk., and on to Packsaddle. It looks like Butcher Ranch that connects to Lavezzola rd that hits Dville.

Is Butcher Ranch a road or trail? How 'bout Lavezzola? Open to dirt bikes? Are the divides as gnarly as I've read? Are they open to dirt bikes?

The way back: Up Saddleback to Chimney Rock or Sailor Ravine? We'd rather be on a trail as much as possible. It looks like there are trails that go from Chimney rock up to the Johnsville road.

Also, anyone know if there is gas in Sloat on 70?
06... Was a good year for me
norcalstew is offline   Reply With Quote