View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #85
mon the biffy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
That, my friend, is a Union City Stepvan...(I've had 7 of 'em)...and too bad on the missed opprotunity to sleep in one, as they're quite lovely to crash out in. (the voice of experience here)
I didn't miss out on a chance to sleep in the van. I stayed in Eureka Springs for another day.
Partly because I wanted to ride a few more roads around the area. But mainly because I was so hungover I wasn't up for much till the afternoon. :(

Day 19

Started with a hangover, but we all went for a breakfast at a nice little place in town.
I then went back to the campground to charge my phone and recover from the night before.
After an hour or so felt well enough to get back on the bike. And as there wasn't really any time to organise somewhere else to stay. I elected to explore around the Ozarks some more that day. I went south down highway 23 to ride 'The Pig Trail'.
Nice sweeping road in the northern section before getting twistier on the southern part.

I didn't fancy another night of heavy drinking so I rode my bike into downtown Eureka.

To answer anyones concerns about the number of beer photos etc. and getting around.
I would personally never drink and drive. I've known of too many incidents, including a good friend being killed by a drunk who was behind the wheel.

I was chatting to the guys from last night, and a few of the eccentric locals and visitors!
Before turning in early for a good night sleep in the van.

mon the biffy screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 12:09 PM
mon the biffy is offline   Reply With Quote