View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #3054
trapperj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
This is precisely the issue that many of us have experienced. I was fortunate that mine was setup correctly before I picked it up. There is magic on the MOSS computer software that interfaces with the ECU on the motorcycle. I do not know everything that they do, but a good technician can sort it out.

Some riders have had the throttle position sensor adjusted with the MOSS.

Others have had the fuel mapping adjusted.

Mine was delivered perfect from a dealer that knew what to look for. Perhaps the users who have had the issue fixed can provide more info.

There is also a thread devoted to it on Cafe Husky.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/mos...awesome.29435/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Another way to test for instability is to get up to 90 or so ... then cut throttle and take both hands off the bars. This is how we would test Sport bikes in the old days. Almost ALL would go into a mild weave ... some devolve into a slapper if you let it go. It would be worse if you did this then hit neutral. Getting hands back on bars always settled things back down, no problem.

I'm impressed your not getting even a slight weave on your bike. Most every dual sport I've owned since the mid 80's has done this at high speed.
No tank slappers for me ... just that mild weave.

As most know, a light grip on the bars is best. All kinds of things can affect this weave ... the list is a mile long. In my experience tires have the biggest influence. YMMV.

The Strada and Terra sound to me like most are well within the safe zone.

How many hours is that stock seat good for?
Ive done several longish trips on my Strada...many 300 mile days and I think the seats pretty good. I do wish it was a bit taller so I could open up my legs a bit. I removed the rubber inserts in the foot pegs which helped some. I may do seat concepts tall seat soon..

As far as wobbles. The Touratech hand guards made mine much worse. Removing them cured 90% of my weave. I can still get her to dance a little at speeds over 75 or 80. Air pressure ...tank bags and where I sit on the seat seem to influence the weave. My GPS is mounted on the bars and rides a little up and could be a factor...idk. I can live with it.

Maybe I'm just in tune with what the bike is doing? I have hours on end at those kind of speeds. Just yesterday I ran back from Asheville through the gorge on I-40 in the rain. I bet I averaged 80...burned through 2 gallons of fuel too....those kind of speeds I still got 43 mpg. Some of this time the speedo read as high as 90...and the gps backs it up within 2 mph even that high. I think that's great at those high speeds.
trapperj is offline   Reply With Quote