View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #417
svflyer
two wheeler

Oddometer: 113
Sorry for my slacking on the recon. I took some pics that I will put up soon but here's the gist of it.

Like I would guess is the case with most unofficial places people ride it seems to take a lot of abuse from 4x4 truck and jeep type vehicles. It has a lot of super deep rutted areas that are ground out and flooded to the point that they are impassable by bike. If you try to move to the left or the right of the main ruts there are just more foot deep ruts to contend with, not that much fun on two wheels. The areas that are wooded are pretty much solid mud and probably stay that way for a lot of the summer, mostly because of the proximity to the Little Menomonee River. I walk my dogs near that stream between Hampton and Capitol, a little south of the area Cannon outlined and it can be flooded some years for months at a time.

Overall, as it is, I would not say it is really even worth riding the six miles to get there from my house. I wish it was, it would be awesome to have something that close.

I'll post some pics soon so folks have a better idea of what I'm talking about.
svflyer is offline   Reply With Quote