View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #348
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmbeeeeer View Post
I'm leaning towards the standard F800GS and using the difference to upgrade it. I think I'd prefer Altrider or TT stuff anyway and you can currently get more to fit the standard 800GS.

It seems to me the only things you couldn't add to a normal F800GS would be the larger fuel tank and the Enduro mode. Are they worth it?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

P
I can't tell you about the enduro mode, haven't had the chance to test ride one but regarding the fuel tank:

One of our members has designed a aux-fuel tank for about 500$ that will take 7 liters fuel in it. WAY cheaper than the ADV model or the Touratech version for the previous GS's. Before spending the extra cash on the ADV model, how about a standard GS with farkles + fuel tank IF you need it.

In your position I'd take the old GS, farkle it and don't worry about the enduro mode. ABS can be disactivated and ASC isn't worth the money on that bike (IMHO)... wouldn't take an ESA version too but that is just me, prefering to buy an aftermarked suspension.
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote