View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #11
TEWSTER2 OP
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromthestix View Post
Nice! I lived in Lander, Wyoming for decades and worked/played/rode all that area many times, gorgeous country. I'm not surprised you didn't have a good breakfast in Lander...

It looks like the WDOT finally finished rebuilding the highway over Togwotee Pass! Last time I rode it was a bit of a challenge:

They'd put magnesium chloride on the road to keep the dust down, then it rained; that stuff was like GREASE, and it took scrubbing with a toilet brush to get it off! Much better ride with smooth, new asphalt.

It was great to see the snow up there, and I'm not surprised you almost froze camping in GTNP that night. The weather at those elevations can be unpredictable (yes, the date stamp is correct, June 1st):

I'm at work so don't have time to watch the YNP to Red Lodge video now, but of all the riding I've ever done that part of the world stands out like a beacon. Wonderful place, I miss it! Virginia is a fantastic place to ride, but it doesn't have the wide-open grandeur that the Rockies have. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I'm looking forward to checking out your other sections.

Doug
Yep Lander is a very beautiful place. The colors in that area of Wyoming are stunning. My breakfast was just cold and the sausage were hard. Oh well, cant win them all. This was my first time in the GTNP and it was truly awesome! Gonna get back there this fall for sure. I have a home in the NC mountains. GIve me a buzz sometime and we can get together. I always have a week in August for my FL friends to come up and get out of the heat down south. Cheers.....
TEWSTER2 is offline   Reply With Quote