View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #38
DavidD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Forth yesterday as I was parking in Mayfair London I have got a low oil warning! Check the oil and it was almost empty in the screen. Called the dealer to ask the type of the oil they told me motorex 10w50 fully synthetic . Looked every where couldn't find in central London. ! Find it in else where which I travel with tube. Castrol 10w50 . I was missing 400 ml oil which is upsetting for me I am on 1350 miles . The told me it can loose oil some engines when they are new they do lose it. Fair enough.

1190 is still a bike. Would recommend anyone to buy and enjoy cause it worths the money.
Tancaker - a deep breath, relax and..................breathe.................

KTM's, like BMWs like a bit of oil, especially when they are running in. Just before my trip to Europe I checked the level on the centre stand and topped it up to its max, at the campsite I did a school boy error, looking at it on the side stand and it was fine. But on getting back after 1300 fast road miles it needed 600ml to top it up. Nothing to worry about, you just need to keep an eye on it, it does settle down a little, but you will always use oil between services. You need a supply of the stuff in your garage and on the big road trips (1000 mile plus) maybe carry a small 500ml bottle.

Re the rest of your comments, two tihings - firstly it sounds like you have an issue with your particular bike - one that needs to be fixed, especially if it involves fuel. Second you have an issue with your dealer. London KTM dealers (if you can find one) are ok at selling bikes but not so great with warranty work or servicing - I would head out of Town to one of the more established and experienced dealers. Take your pick there are a few - have a look at the UK KTM forum and you will get loads of reviews of dealers and their service levels etc.

I work in London but live in the South West and I would not let any London dealer touch any of my bikes. Near me you have Crescent (WSB Team) in Verwood near Ringwood and further out near Plymouth you have JD Racing in Saltash, but there are lots of others north of London. What I am trying to say is make a day of it and travel out, enjoy the trip and get your bike looked after properly.

Certainly do not let poor dealer service ruin what is a superb bike.

Hope you manage to sort it................
Moto Guzzi Griso
BMW HP4 Competition
DavidD is offline   Reply With Quote