View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #37
histguy OP
Histguy

Oddometer: 38
We awoke this morning, perfect weather about 60 degrees and sunny. Breakfast turned into a comparison of everyones camp stoves. Tomís won. I do like my little coleman though because it runs off of unleaded gasoline. So I just siphon some gas out of the bike and cook away

Even after playing with the stoves for making coffee we went out to a diner for breakfast
Joe split from us in Acme and we made the turn around Grand Traverse Bay for the Tunnel of Trees. We then had to sit in holiday weekend traffic in 90+ degree weather- ugg.

This is a must ride road if you are anywhere in the upper half of the lower peninsula of Michigan. About 20 miles of tight twisties and a near perfect road. It was fun joining a group of 5 other guys through the road.

We then took the Wilderness Park Road on the extreme north tip of Michigan. Very popular beach area, the ride was nice, the roads were not (although you can't tell in this picture). Donít be in a hurry if you plan to take this route

We then hit the Mighty Mackinaw Bridge. Quite fun on a bike.

The laptop was running low on batteries (all the attempts for failed WiFi), so I had to rig up a charging system using the plug for my battery tender, a cigarette conversion cord, a power invertor and finally into the laptop. Charged everyting nicely while riding along.

We arrived in Grand Marais, Michigan about 6pm. We finally made it to Lake Superior!

Setup camp and headed into town to look around and get some dinner.

Came across the Shark, the last remaining hand made fish tug on Lake Superior

And the Pickle Barrel Museum- odd

Today, we ride H-58 from Grand Marais to Munising and westward
histguy is offline   Reply With Quote