View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #41
mcmann
Motorcycle Maniac

Oddometer: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
No mate actually today I have some petrol in my left foot its all coming out from overload pipe. And when I stop if I look at that exit pipe it's got fumes coming out from it .that isn't normal.

For the last 5 years I ride the most advance bikes and ktm is one of them . As a 14000 paid customer I do have so expectations from the bike. I am happy with the bikes performance so far no problems . But mainly the things I am concern about the ktm technicians . I don't know how trained they are for this new bike? Are they really know more then us about this bike?

I bought the bike 8 weeks ago had my first service done and no problems but little annoying things which should have been sorted in the service.

First fuel problem I was having 28 mpg ! Go to the dealer they reset the ECU and 34 mpg in the city now which is ok.

Secondly my keys of the panniers wasn't fitting . They order me a set of keys 2 weeks to arrive and bam they are not fitting too. And then they customise it now my left bag doesn't come out from the rail. Tomorrow they will sortin out.

Now the third one I smell petrol in the traffic. London got some rush hour traffic and around that time the bikes get heat . Which isn't pleasant anyway but the petrol smell is almost dangerous . And I just missed my gear shift and look down my feet got petrol on it? I know there is a overflow pipe if the petrol tank is too full it gets the overfill out but I did have low fuel signal for god sake.

Forth yesterday as I was parking in Mayfair London I have got a low oil warning! Check the oil and it was almost empty in the screen. Called the dealer to ask the type of the oil they told me motorex 10w50 fully synthetic . Looked every where couldn't find in central London. ! Find it in else where which I travel with tube. Castrol 10w50 . I was missing 400 ml oil which is upsetting for me I am on 1350 miles . The told me it can loose oil some engines when they are new they do lose it. Fair enough.

I had 2010 kawasaki Gtr 1400 , Ducati diavel carbon, Ducati 769 hypermoto, 2012 Kawasaki zzr1400, Suzuki burgman 650 , and never had a oil problem before or fuel.for god sake even ducati diavel was 36 mpg in city :)

Anyways the reason I am not getting rid of 1190 is I always give second and third chance to everything. I think it is truly a brilliant bike and all bikes got some silly problems . Hope fully ktm will make some heat shelds for the future customers I know that we are sort of beta testing the bike .

1190 is still a bike. Would recommend anyone to buy and enjoy cause it worths the money.

By the way . . . . There is an oil-site glass conveniently located on the mount side of the bike:

"yesterday as I was parking in Mayfair London I have got a low oil warning!"

Note item #1:

2011 DL650 V-Strom "Real World"
2014 FZ-09 for the "WOW World"

mcmann screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 03:07 PM
mcmann is offline   Reply With Quote