View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #43
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 327
Day 3

Somehow motorcycle riders always attract people, two older gentleman, hey where you going and me Inuvik NWT and trying to decide if I should go South of lake Superior or North, the two guys North of course because it's the most scenic, well they where right it is a very beautiful ride reminded me of the Pacific Cost Hwy 1 at some spots and a must do.

Made it past Thunder Bay and about 350 km before the Manitoba border, decided to look for a spot to camp and fond a transmit tower in the middle of nowhere and thought that would be a good spot, well here is another sticky note to self, unless you bath in Deet don't do that, I don't know how in the world you would be able to set-up camp and not be eaten up first.

The weather started looking bad and some thunder clouds started there show and tell, so I pulled into a rest stop that had this nice covered shelter made to withstand just about anything, set-up under it and am I glad I did, the storm hit with a wham thunder lightning all around and a real heavy downpour, after that fell asleep like a baby cradled by the wind in my comfy hammock, life is good.

Will post more later, for now next stop Winnipeg.

Jeff

Super Tenere screwed with this post 07-06-2013 at 03:03 PM
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote