View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #528
versysrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Rode my son's Ninja 650R today. We installed sport bars and he loves it. I don't like the hunched over narrow bar position. For a twin, this bike is a screamer above 7K rpm and fun to ride at speed... That's when..........

I realized that this FZ will weigh about 50lbs less and have almost twice as much HP and 35% more torque, with upright seating and wide bars. For my money, it's a dream come true. I just need to figure out where to put it and how to pay for it.....tp
My thoughts exactly. I thought I was done buying new bikes (depreciation), and I just built this over the winter, and sold both my Street Triple R's, and Yamaha wakes up and bring this out. So now I am first in line for one at my local dealer that I bought my quads from last year. Here's a pic of this winters build. She's a fun little bitch, plenty of power for the street, good pull out of corners. Between losing the bodywork, and the Leo Vince exhaust she lost 30lbs. The zx6r front end and Penske shock really woke up the chassis.

Yamaha is also bringing out a new parallel twin to fit in with this new family of engines. I hope they put it in a 'tard, as I just sold mine a couple weeks ago. I may need to buy a couple of these new Yamaha's. Here's a link to that. http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/...anese-meeting/

Thanks again Yamaha for finally waking up, looks like a good year for those of us not interested in cruisers, or supersports.