View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
sharpie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalstew View Post
Wow that dude took a tumble. He looked scared going into the section. Too slow. That's what usually gets you on a scary section. Feet on the pegs and roll it. At least that's what dad always said.

Is that the cliffy spot on the Second Divide trail I've been reading about? We would like to stay away from tight cliffy spots. I'm on a 640 adv with a GL bag. I can handle some gnarly though, I'm not sure about others in our group.
That first first cliff they look at is the Second, it looks like where he went off was the First Divide...I would not ride those trails on a 640, but thats me.

Pretty much all the trails are open for dirtbikes, Butcher Ranch is single track as well as Lavazola. Both well worth riding, from Butcher ranch to Lavazola you can take either the Second or Third Divide, Third is much easier with less risk. Lavazola is pretty much an out and back unless you route way around on dirt roads. Chimney Rock is also a must do over to the top of Rattlesnake, if you ride Rattlesnake go down it, not up-very cool trail as well. I hope some of my babble helps.
sharpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote