Thread: CB desert sled
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #552
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
No shit!

That's the same welder we had in the shop at my grandfathers trucking co., you could do just about anything with the accesory kit ours had, thaw pipes,hell, probably power the neighbors house if they were close enough. I was surprised when I found the book on the damned thing when we had the estate sale, that it was so versatile way back then.

Whoever bought it probably still uses it, damn thing was a tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
The only welder on the farm for years was an old Forney stick welder my dad picked up at an auction. It works O.K. but,it's an antique compared with what's out there now. And it has some grounding problems , as in Shock the piss out of you if you touch what's being welded, sometimes.
I bought a little Miller 110 flux-core unit that I never really got to like though I had it for years. Then I picked up a Millermatic 250 for $700 at a farm auction.
Wow ! What a difference a decent machine makes !
With the 250 all my frustration falls away and I find that I can weld and have things hold up the first time rather than going back and doing it over until it clicks. And with the gas mig ,almost no wasted time cleaning up. Nice.
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote