Thread: Westfest 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #313
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddfellow View Post
Oh yeah and Oddfellow + the Mrs. are in and registered!

Got you down See you in Auguest

This is from a Taylor Park ride Yesterday I did:

So I just did a Longggg day at Taylor yesterday. I was amazed at how few people there were for a holiday weeend

Some absolutely amazing single track.........

No real order of pictures, but I hit most of the main trails from Timberline on over, I missed the loop north of block and tackle around Mt Tilton, becasue the connector I was relying on was DH only so I would not have had enough gas and did not want to ride all the way back to Almont.

Then I also found how shitty YZ forks are for Colorado single track. HARSH does not even start to describe them.......I knew they were stiff, but I guess I have really been doing alot more desert and the Mtn stuff I have ridden is not as rocks as TP. I was beat to death, by the end of the day I was praying for any smooth dirt and I really was starting to wonder if the forks even moved, the smallest rock became a nighmare

I think I am putting the WR forks back on till I can get those worked out. My shoulders and back cant take any more of that

(Im pretty sure I might have broken my pinkey toe right around here. Careful with the rocks)

Some cool mines in the area:

The wildflowers were amazing, my camera did not do them justice

For those that dont know this can turn into the norm for alot of TP trails

The views are amazing:

Fun day......(minus my smashed radiator again) anyone know of radiator braces that will work with oversized radiators on a WR???

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride

COXR650L screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 07:55 AM
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote