View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #30
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Nice day today so got out for a quick gravel run. Met Brian on his mighty DR at Dome Pinjarra then off up North Spur after a quick coffee. I was on Special K today as I needed to give her a blast on gravel. From North Spur it was on to Scarp Road where we found a cracking little spot called Oakley Dam:

From there it was on to Dwellingup where I found to my horror that the Blue Wren had sold out of pies! Damn it! Gutted I was. Not to worry, I survived. While there we were told that a biker had come off the road on one of the bends on Del Park Rd and collided with a tree. Only one winner unfortunately but thankfully the rider is still with us but with some serious leg injuries. Could have been much worse. Don't know the rider involved but if you read this best wishes to you! So, back down the hill home was a bit of a nightmare. Setting sun as we headed west was seriously blinding and made it difficult to see the bends in the road. Very conservative riding got us home safely though! A great ride as always and nice to test Special K on the gravel. She is certainly easier and more forgiving than Wee Strom on the slippery stuff! Brian and Mighty DR performed admirably as always! Always good to get out and it's nice to blow the cobwebs off after a shitty couple of weeks at work! As they used to say in the North of Scotland, stay between the dykes and shiny side up folks!