View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #179
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Well then don't use E-15 or get a new dealer, dumb ass.
It's not the dealer, it's the manufacturer, dumbass. They specify fuel the same way they specify oil: by design. If you run 20w50 dino oil in an engine (like my Tundra 5.7L) that specifies 0w20 or 5w20 full synthetic, you can expect problems. If your vehicle is under warranty, the manufacturer can and will deny warranty claims for damage done by abuse or neglect. These include the wrong fluids.
Now, I've only been in the service end of the car business for over 25 years, so I don't know everything. But it's evident that I know more than you do. I know it's a matter of time before somebody damages an engine by running it on E85, or even E15, and the manufacturer denies the claim. Manufacturers have the right to request any parts replaced under warranty be returned to them for inspection, and you can bet they're watching for ethanol-related damage. They'll deny these claims, which means the dealer will have to eat the time and labor spent repairing the car. Which will be expensive, likely an entire engine assembly.
Dealers are in the business to make money. Smart ones won't make expensive repairs due to nonspecified fluids, including fuel, that they will end up paying for. Chrysler, who I currently work for, requires photos be digitally submitted before the work is performed on internal powertrain repairs. Melted pistons will set off alarms. Claim will be denied, and then the owner who ran the wrong fuel in their vehicle will be stuck with a very expensive bill.
In your own words, Stevie88, suck it, bitch!

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.

1911fan screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 08:33 PM
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote