View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #503
Marc LaDue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Cool2 What more can one say??

You guys will look back on this adventure for the rest of your lives. Thanks for going to all the trouble of taking us along. I can only imagine the energy it takes to type and upload text and images at the end of the day. Some friends of mine and I have been attempting to complete the mid-section of the original TAT (with Hancock and Tomichi) for the past three years and didn't get it done until this year! And even though we had no breakdowns to speak of, and even though we ate out and ate well each and every meal, and even though we slept in freshly made beds after taking daily showers, we didn't post one single peep or picture.
Now, some of this is of course due to the fact we are for the most part luddites, fat, and well over fifty (some of us way over), but aside from that, it basically comes down to just doing it, whether you feel like it or not. And if you can't do it then learn!
You've given me new inspiration to educate myself on how to actually use my Garmin (for more than just finding Chinese Food), my GoPro, my Spot, my laptop, all of which I've ignorantly owned and taken along for a number of years now, but rarely used successfully.
And if someday you see one of my trip narratives (which I always write after-the-fact completely without pics), you'll know you and your ragtag collection of oddball daredevils were the catalyst and spark responsible.

LaDue
Marc LaDue is offline   Reply With Quote