View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #64
supermotosean
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Finished up the steering stem angle mod. Came out straight as an arrow.

Apologies ahead of time if this is a repetitive question that I have miserably failed to search, here goes:

I've noticed the cut/re-weld modification done to several older/noncompetitive/non-trials trials bikes in an effort to tuck in the front end, tightening(reducing?) the rake and gaining quicker turning and better "nimbleness" (I hope I didn't just make that up!?!). Noticing this and browsing through this thread has made me wonder: If someone wanted to quicken the steering on an older motocross/trail bike (for quasi-trials purposes), and said bike has a leading axle type front fork, could you swap the left and right tubes/sliders moving the axle behind the fork and get similar results? I do realize that this would be affecting the trail instead of the rake but I'm no engineer and am having trouble thinking of any nasty side effects other than keeping an eye out on front tire to head pipe/frame clearance. Just some food for my random thoughts and I'm looking forward to reading some opinions (or even better, some experience!) be it good, bad or otherwise....

supermotosean screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 06:25 PM Reason: can't spell for feces...
supermotosean is offline   Reply With Quote