View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #150
mathewsturtevant OP
Motojournalist

Oddometer: 227
Colorado

Coming up was also our first town in 120 miles or so. We stopped in Branson to get our bearings, fuel up, pee. The basics. But there was no gas station, and no people. Anywhere. Weird. A swing set blowing in the wind, no children. Nobody anywhere. Richard needed to pee and since nobody was around and there certainly were no other options so he considered peeing right there on main street in from of the post office. We re- inflated my tires so I'd get better mileage to Trinidad. Again, I'd been going to reserve @160 miles and we still had a ways to go.... We later read that lots of folks end up on vapors here.
Pulling into Trinidad got gas, figured out where the actual town itself was.
We planned on staying just one night, but my ATM card had been swallowed by the machine and I couldn't get it till Monday morning.. DOH!!' However it was a good thing we stalled in Trinidad. Travis checked his oil which there didn't appear to be any. I checked mine, same thing EEEK. MY BIKE NEVER USES MUCH OIL. I guess all those 70 miles an hour running from tornados on Oklahoma highways burned through it. We probably wouldn't have checked had we not had the time.
We found a hotel the we rather liked with 3 beds. It was called Trail's End motel. It was reminiscent of a cabin.. I think. We had dinner at a pretty good pizza place:

mathewsturtevant screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 10:18 PM
mathewsturtevant is offline   Reply With Quote