View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #1312
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
The Lotus and the Ferrari got their softs with 10 laps to go. As expected, the tires were shot after about 8 laps. Not honest for the NBC crew to not even mention that and pretend that 1st and 3rd were in danger.
I don't know....didn't Kimi, once he passed Grosjean, chop about 0.5 secs a lap off Vettel's lead right down to the end? And that's without the beneift of DRS which became available only in the last lap. Kimi's tires were going downhill, but not that quickly on such light fuel. And Vettel's tires weren't doing great either. I think the race was about 2 laps too short - I doubt Kimi would have made the pass, but I bet he would have given it a hard go. I'm not going to fault someone for being excited about this.

I'm as critical of the crew missing key things in the race, or screwing up basic information (which they do quite often), but to say they were being "dishonest" and to fault them for being excited about a race closing from a 5-sec lead to a 1-sec lead in the last ten laps is being downright curmudgeonly IMO.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote