View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #1315
geg OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,080
there was an interview w/ Kimi & they asked him if he could have just gone to the end w/o stopping:

Quote:
Did the team consider a different strategy for you?

I could have run longer on my last-but-one set of tyres and it was a thought to run to the end of the race on them. It didnt help that we had a radio problem. Maybe we should have taken the gamble and try to go to the end because the tyres were pretty okay, and my speed was pretty okay at that point of the race. Of course, you cant know what would have happened and we were right with Seb [Vettel] at the end of the race through coming in and putting on the soft tyres. We had good speed and obviously I had some help from Romain to get past. I could have probably passed him in a normal situation but him letting me past saved me a lot of time so we were able to try to win by catching Seb.
if they had not stopped him & Seb had caught & passed him (along with who knows who else) the uproar would have been deafening. I think they kept him out 1 or 2 more laps than they should have after Seb & Big John pitted, but hey, that's racing.

but the best quote?

Quote:
Could you have won today?

Obviously not, because we didnt win it.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
geg is offline   Reply With Quote