View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #81
rockydog OP
just a guy

Oddometer: 810
Lagging update

Finding a wifi spot is spotty, sometimes. But, here we go...caught the ferry to Bruncanna, calm and beautiful weather. I asked a woman on the sidewalk walking her dog where a coffee shop was and she pointed over my shoulder at this huge sign reading COFFEE SHOP. Uh huh. One of the servers was singing traditional Irish songs and she called them country. I straightened her out on the country and western aspect of our stuff in the states. Told her I needed a picture for proof, she said 'sure thing, cowboy'

Down the street was a carnival

Up the road to Dunree and the small coastie roads

Then I swung over to the sidewalk outside The Persian Pub in Carndonagh to ask a pack of rogues where can I find Wifi in this burg? They said 'right here laddie'. And it was a great stop. The owner, Marion, is continuing the tradition her Mum did for 50 years, run the pub. Her Mum passed away 3 months ago and we sat in a booth talking about loss, sweet memories and the celebration called life. Marion cheering on the troops. Name comes from the original owner, 60 years ago returned from the Suez conflict and opened the joint.

The decor was very eclectic and cool, if anyone reading this is stumbling around the triangle in Carndonagh, please stop in and wish her well.

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles

rockydog screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 01:34 AM
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote