View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #64
Super Tenere OP
Voyager

Oddometer: 327
Day 5

Last night a freaky thunder and light show plus some real heavy downpours, I did keep an eye out for any weird shit because you never know on the prairie, luckily every thing stayed dry and this morning the sun is out, so back to riding with a smile.
Had I stayed on the road for another 50km I would have made it to a rest stop and another just 25km further, whats up with this, two in all of Manitoba and both beside each other, go figure.
I thought Manitoba was bad with rest spots but Saskatchewan has that beat hands down, they have these way off the road spots and you can stay for a fee, I did stop to look at a few and some you would have had to pay me to stay there, finally fond a spot after riding until it was dark in Gull Lake, run by the city and only $10, very clean and used by a lot of bikers.
Not much to see out here, just battling strong head winds all day, and that's not very good for the gas mileage, so the reporting on the budget will have to be done some other way, because when you ride some long distances the gas used will throw things off, the budget is for 250 km per day or about $18 and $32 for food and lodging, most likely I will do a quarterly (50 days) update or so.
The one nice thing about riding on the prairie is you can see what kind of weather is coming so you can wait for it to pass by or gun it.

Next stop Lethbridge, Alberta and a stay with inmate albertabob.

Will do some more updates later, but need to ride for now

Jeff
Super Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote