View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #1325
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
Could someone help with the rules for stopping on the track like Alonso did post race to insure sufficient fuel for testing? I seem to recall that Hamilton or someone was penalized (DQ'd?) for doing the same thing as recently as last season? At the time Matchett made a big deal out of how important it was to have enough fuel in the car to make it back to park ferme and STILL have 1 litre of fuel left in the car for testing.
if he doesn't have enough fuel they will get him for grid spots in the next race.
if they make it sound like car trouble, the stewards will look at telemetry... Ferrari will have to prove they had trouble.

I haven't heard any more about why he stopped, or if he had the required amount of fuel onboard.

I did read this:
Quote:
Alonso meanwhile tried to make the most of the day but was unable to catch Grosjean in the closing stages. He pulled off at the end of the race for what Ferrari said were precautionary reasons. One might guess that the Spaniard pushed hard in the last laps in an effort to capture the podium, which caused him to consume more fuel than expected. Pulling off to conserve what little fuel he may have had left in order to avoid a penalty by the FIA for not being able to provide enough for a fuel sample.
Alonso finished 4th with a total time of 1:41.22.432. On lap 51, he snagged the fastest lap of the race (1.33.468), which should be some consolation to the Italian team. It was a decent damage limitation type drive, but finishing fourth while the title leader is winning and collecting maximum points is simply not enough.
quite a good article LINK

Try to see the world beyond your front door.

g容g screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 12:59 PM
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote