View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #67
BLIP-IT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Mine had 2 major things that annoyed me; suspension was not up to the standard of my 990, it was hard and choppy on the gravel, bottomed out when I jumped the bike, even after playing with the settings I was not satisfied! I suppose there is no substitute for travel, the 220mm travel compared to the 265mm of my 990R just doesn't work for me.
Secondly the ultra soft front rim, bends and buckles for virtually any lurker or rut causing instant deflation due to the tubeless st up, resulting in some hair raising moments trying to stay in control of the bike!
In Africa we ride our bikes hard on rough unforgiving terrain which is remote and far from KTM back-up, so maybe the bike copes better in Europe and North America than here!
The result is that I sold the bike with less than 1000km and went back to my 990R!
Must say in the 1190's defense, it was otherwise better than the 990 in everything else, power, performance, brakes, comfort, handling, consumption all better than the 990!
The suspension was what I couldn't live with though!

PS; It also doesn't have the character that the 990 has...............the 990 is another animal that always excites and thrills!