View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
cberry OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
July 7th, 2013

After overnight in Beaumont, TX and 3 days of rain enroute to this point, I was looking forward to a day of riding without rain figuring into the equation. Underway before 6AM and heading for Bulverde, TX to visit a friend who owns the airport there. Out of the box I made my first mistake and went the wrong way, again! That cost me 10 miles and about 15 minutes this time.

What started as a weather free trip was now turning into another day of dodging the rain. At least today it is less severe and more scattered than yesterday. I have about 300 miles to my destination and iím going through very light showers, not requiring any rain gear. Iím stopping at the halfway point and calling my friend with an ETA. I bypass downtown San Antonio by taking secondary roads north of the city and arrive at Roxanneís house a little behind schedule because I made a second stop to rehydrate and cool off a little. Otherwise, an uneventful ride.

Inspecting the bike in anticipation of a pre-planned tire change at Alamo BMW tomorrow, I am pleasantly surprised to find that the tire does not require changing,, and that all the bikeís systems are functioning normally. The planned service is deferred.

Tomorrow will be a day off, to visit with Rox and friends at the airport. The ride will continue on Tuesday morning, with a planned scenic ride through some of the Texas Hill Country to my next overnight destination. By then I hope to have figured how to post pictures from my MAC. No post tomorrow.
MOA 94523
Indian Harbour Beach, FL
'06/'07....What a year it was! 49 States, 5 Provinces, AND New Zealand, North and South Island
cberry is offline   Reply With Quote