View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #50
VStromNC OP
DNS/DNF

Oddometer: 791
It was a great ride much better than expected with all the anticipation and hesitation due to weather.

Only got caught in one major down pour just as we headed to Old 18 from Hwy. 27 off 321N. The rest of the day was clear and actually started warming up. Nothing else, it was refreshing to hit Old 18 after the rain cooled things off a little.

Here is what I retrieved as far as our ride from my Zumo 550. It showed 251 miles total door to door.

The Old 18 to 181 twisties ride is challenging enough but throw in little flooding and rain, and it definitely requires 110% focus. Great ride and Old National Forest off 181 coming back from Jonas Ridge was icing on the cake. Sound of water and rapids flowing alongside the fire road that was actually tacky and no dust due to all the rain had our small riding group talking about coming back for an overnighter until someone mentioned bears in the area.

I can't attach GPX files so I am using a freebie file delivery service. Just download the GPX files using the link below.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WF...Syt3TGhBSXRVag

I took few photos but this was previously posted by StarWolve in another thread who just moved down here from NY. I think Chris is in love with all the fantastic riding that we do here.

Taking a break on Upper Creek, near Brown Mtn

Taking a break at Old National Forest Rd.

Starwolve's Buell. Nice bike.

Guiri decided to cool down a bit.

Jon