Thread: Westfest 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #315
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
This was posted in the regional WF thread and I wanted to share it with anyone from out of town:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patj551 View Post
I'd like to lead a "ladies only ride" Friday morning. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a former Women's Pro Motocross racer and downhill mountain bike racer. I have long since retired from racing but still absolutely love riding! I also love teaching. I do not know the Taylor Park area well, but I think we can trailer over to TP and choose some of the easier trails to ride. My thoughts are to cover basic techniques like braking, body positioning, and how to ride obstacles. I like to give overviews of skills and then go ride and find stuff to practice on. That way it's a fun riding experience not just a bunch of drills. Ben said there are women signed up, some on trail bikes, some on dual sports. Basic skills are transferable so we'll have to see who's interested and what she's riding to figure this out. I will have both my dirt bike and dual sport it's also possible to split this into a morning single track session and afternoon dual sport session. I'm "thinking out loud" here, so nothing is set in stone. I just think it's a great opportunity to work with women riders and meet folks that I'm sure will be fun! If there is not enough "women only" interest, I will consider opening this to beginner guys. But, let's try for a "ladies only" ride first!

Cheers!
Pat Jacques
I have ridden with Pat and I can tell you she knows how to ride a bike. This will be a very cool opportunity to learn some stuff and network.
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote