View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #35
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,673
Not much fuzz

I've seen a lot more fuzz on drain plugs than that. Looks like ig O is holding up nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarth View Post
Day 19
Where: still in Banff

Well, we have arrived at the 6000km marker and I'm about 1000km overdue for changing Big O's oil. And doing an oil change on him usually takes quite a bit of time: I took a day off from riding. It's a good thing too, as Big O had been leaking oil from the counter sprocket seal for a few days. I was thinking that it was just the o-ring that was shot. Turns out, the nut that holds the counter sprocket had fallen off completely! I'm really happy, and surprised, that the sprocket didn't try to come off too! But as luck would have it, I'd figured that such a thing might happen and had packed an extra nut. Now I need to order a extra one...

For those of you who wonder what my tool kit and spare parts bin looks like, here's a pic of it.

Once the oil was changed and the sprocket secures once again, it was time for some grub. The campground was 40clicks from town but figured I had nothing better to do and I could have a go at take a few pics of the tourist trap, aka the town of Banff.

I've seen a lot more fuzz on drain plugs than that. I think the KTMS is holding up so far.

Nothing for it, I just don't care for the place.

Big O's take on the days event
Ah that felt gooood! my blood wa getting rather thick and dirty! But I woder if i'm falling apart from this inside or if this is a normal amount of stuff on the oil plug?

Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is online now   Reply With Quote