View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Nanabijou OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
That's a great area to ride, passed through in April in 2010 on my heavier than a smart car bike . It was coolish and snowing at times but still spectacular. When I did my bike course they had a 125 that they were trying out as a possible replacement for their bikes, it was a hoot to ride, put smiles on your face for it's fun factor. How is it on the hwy loaded up for travel?
CanadianX - yeah - the "smart car" thing was a little attempt at humour. Regarding the CBR150R - surprisingly, for a small bike - it's a pretty good highway steed. The extra weight of the gear seem to make it even less vulnerable to cross-winds and transport trucks - yet it still retains the great handling characteristics that have always endeared me to this and other light-weight bikes in general. Compared to my WR250R - the CBR150R feels much smoother, more stable, and there is considerably more wind protection available. The CBR150R is also much less affected by crosswinds. So the CBR150R - surprisingly - is much less tiring to ride out on the highway. Having said that - at times I also like the raw feeling of my WR250R out on the highway - being constantly bounced around by the wind - sitting up high - like you're sitting on a horse - in the windstream - with the loud and harsh dirt-bike exhaust bellowing behind me. Yeah!!

Mike

Nanabijou screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 11:30 AM
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote