View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #344
abhibeckert
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
I agree..not covering the levers in technical sections is unwise.
Same here. In this specific case god only knows. But if you want to avoid riding off a cliff then you need to have your brakes and clutch covered during technical sections.

And to train yourself properly you also need to do it in non-technical riding. Basically the brake and clutch should always be covered, even on an empty highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
I rode a Suzuki back in the 80s...probably the same suspension as yours. A KTM would have handled that drop no problem:)
I agree with that too. One of my worst crashes was when I hit a massive rock and my XR (basically the same stock suspension as a DR?) bounced up and would have backflipped if it hadn't hit me in the chest hard enough to fracture my ribs despite hitting a well padded/armoured area.

A few years later I hit a rock the same size at the same speed on my KTM and the front wheel probably never got more than an inch into the air. Just rode over the rock. And my KTM's suspension is a few inches shorter than the XR I had.

abhibeckert screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 04:45 PM
abhibeckert is offline   Reply With Quote